The latest project was getting the barn ready for the cows. The gutter on the barn was leaking so I fixed that by moving the gutter further out and increased the slope so the water drains quicker. I also built a new cattle hay feeder out of pole timber from our woods and 2x4s. The feeder has angled slots for the cows to put their heads in but it keeps them from pulling hay out of the feeder and wasting it on the ground. There is also a cow calf divider which is a board that sits 3'-4' off the ground. Just enough room for a calf to squeeze under and get away from the bigger cattle. Lastly we got a new batch of pigs that I'll be raising over the winter. These will be our rototillers in the spring and will till up the bedding turning it into compost.
Thanks for watching & please leave any questions or comments below!